The TSSA announced new rules that go into effect in July of 2022 requiring owners of elevators in residential buildings and long term care facilities to report elevator outages lasting more than 48 hours. The reports need to be filed within 30 days of the elevator being returned to service.
- Ontario elevator safety authority adding rules for building owners to report elevator outages
- ELEVATORS, ESCALATORS, AND COVID -19, SUGGESTED PRACTICE, May 4, 2020
- Covid 19 and Elevator Button Cleaning
- Important information regarding Covid-19 pandemic
- Globe and Mail Reporting On Another Elevator Horror Story