About Rooney Irving & Associates
The RIA staff is a multi-disciplinary team of elevator inspection specialists, project managers, administrators, engineers, expert witnesses and high-level strategists, who are experts in dealing with elevator contractors and managing large portfolios.
Talented individuals on the team come from backgrounds that cover multiple engineering registrations, elevator safety code committee memberships, experienced elevator installers, and provincial safety inspectors.
Rob M., P. Eng., CEI
An experienced Certified Elevator Inspector as well as a licensed engineer in Alberta and British Columbia. He is a skilled project manager, adept at performing reviews, maintenance audits and cost control, with a background in the oil and gas industry. Rob has been part of the RIA team since 2008.
Joined the RIA team in 2010. He holds an Elevator Device Mechanic license (EDM-F) in the province of Ontario. Through the years, Alex has proven to be an organized and detail-oriented consultant with excellent project management abilities. He has significant experience in performing elevator and escalator safety inspections, maintenance audits and condition assessments. Most notably in such distinguished buildings as, Parliament Hill, Bank of Canada Headquarters, Rideau Hall and Ottawa City Hall.
Iris A., M.A.Sc.
- Strive to be the technical experts in the field of elevators; and
- Develop methods of applying this knowledge for the benefit of our clients.
RIA is registered as a professional engineering firm in multiple provinces. As well, we are a registered consultant with the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA). We hold further membership, either corporate or personal, with the following organizations:
- National Association of Elevator Safety Authorities (NAESA);
- CSA Elevator Safety Code Technical Committee (CSA B44);
- Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE);
- Staff registered as Professional Engineers in BC, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME);
- Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineers (IEEE);
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA);
- Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario (ACMO).
We are one of Canada’s most experienced elevator consulting firms and in terms of staff size and business volume one of the largest firms. Our offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa and Saint John enable us to serve clients on a national basis and provide the resources and experience of eight consultants with varied backgrounds including professional engineers, elevator mechanics, equipment installers and provincial safety inspectors
Through the inspection of over 1,000 elevating units annually across Canada, we have considerable experience and knowledge of elevator issues and their relevance to building owners’ operational and financial interests.